Paragon Church

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunday, July 25


One of the several objectives of doing a VBS so early in our history as a church was to reach families in the community through their children.  With all the excitement towards the end of VBS, I couldn’t wait to see what God was going to do on Sunday morning.  Sunday morning it seemed like new families just kept pouring in!  You could feel the excitement among the people in the sanctuary.  We had 126 (35 of those were kids) coming to worship with our Paragon family today.   That is the second largest Sunday we have had in our short history. 

I think many of us were actually surprised.  It was pretty funny because as I walked out to the parking lot to get something from my car and saw all the cars out there, all I could say to myself was “God, please help me not to mess things up this morning.”  Then I walked inside and was greeted by Scott saying, “I just don’t want to be bad this morning.”

It was a great morning and I think we (mostly “I”) should have learned from our July 11 experience that it is not about us, but instead it is all about Him.  He is what makes things great, not us.  I know God has A LOT in store for Paragon and I am glad that He is including me in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment