Paragon Church

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Do you remember

This weekend was COMMUNION at Paragon.  We read through the first part of Matthew 26 and ended with a time of remembering.

There are moments - minutes - hours - days - weeks - and even months that I forgetI forget that Jesus came to give me life more abundant (John 10:10)... I forget that there is something greater than the stuff of this life, of this world, of this culture to live for... I forget the sacrifice that God so I could be free from the slavery of sin... and that I why we take time for communion (the Lord's Supper) to remember.  When I forget, it brings it all back into focus... I am able to see what God has done and is doing for me and in me... how far He has brought me and how far I still have to go.

I am blessed to be able to lead people into a growing relationship with God.  It isn't a easy calling, but I love that I get to bring the Gospel to people in a way they can hopefully understand.  I read a quote this morning from Rosalynn Carter - it says - "A leader takes people where they want to go.  A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be."  I want to be a great leader.  I want to be a great leader in my home... in my church... in my community... and in my world.  But it starts with me being a great follower of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings...

We wrapped up this morning with a song that is a personal favorite...   THE STAND. (Songwriters STEWART, NATALIE / BROWN, SALEM / WEEKES, NOLAN DION)

I just want to HIGHLIGHT some of the things we SANG this weekend - and really how much of a prayer I want this to be for my life, the life of my family, and the lives of those in the church... as we go to where we OUGHT TO BE.

You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion 
(do we really realize HOW BIG GOD really is?)
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
  (He did it for me at my worst... not at my best... remember)
My soul now to stand

So what can I say?
What can I do?
  (valid questions to ask ourselves... all that God did for us... how can we respond)
But offer this heart O God  (isn't that what God want from us anyway?)
Completely to You  (do we understand the word "completely?")

So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise  (what does that mean to you?)
My soul now to stand

So what can I say?
What can I do?
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So Ill stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours 
(IN AWE definition:  a strong feeling of fear or respect and also wonder - COMPLETELY SURRENDERED - ALL I AM is Yours - POWERFUL PROMISE IF WE MEAN IT)

So what can I say? What can I do? But offer this heart O God Completely to You!

I pray that this is more than just a song on a weekend... but it is a DAILY prayer of repentance and submission to the God as we stand in awe of the One who saves us from ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment