Paragon Church

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Sunday Follow Up (10/30)

 The message yesterday was… “Is Jesus Enough?”  The obvious Christian answer is “YES” – but do we live like it?
Until everything is taken away, I guess we will never really know.  Because we have so much and rely so much on everything that we have (and that we need/want) – can we really know for sure that we are living like Jesus is enough?
Yesterday, we went quickly through acts 20 (with our focus on verses 22-24) and looked at the challenge that Paul faced in leaving his “comfort zone” and his stuff and the things that he surrounded himself with and then head to Jerusalem where things weren’t so comfortable – where it would really be “just Jesus and him”. 
“And now I am bound by the Spirit to go to Jerusalem. I don’t know what awaits me, except that
the Holy Spirit tells me in city after city that jail and suffering lie ahead.  But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.”
“And now I know that none of you to whom I have preached the Kingdom will ever see me again.  I declare today that I have been faithful. If anyone suffers eternal death, it’s not my fault,  for I didn’t shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know."
(Acts 20:22-27) NLT
Here’s what I took from the message last Sunday (and the studying all week)…
First, we need to be open and honest with God and sit quietly to listen to Him and his leading (through the Holy Spirit).  When God calls, it is time to go.  No matter the uncertainty, no matter the resistance and no matter the cost.
We can blame the thought of not knowing what is next on why we don’t go… but look at all of the Biblical examples of people who followed when they really didn’t know the outcome… From Moses, Abraham and Noah all the way to the disciples and Paul.   What can we learn… When God calls us, we are to be obedient and leave the details to God.  (It’s called “taking a step of faith”)  Yes, you will have questions and you will most certainly have critics… but if we truly believe that Jesus is Enough, we are willing to follow Him no matter the cost… because He is everything and I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment